Sunday, July 26, 2009

party time (aka the longest post ever)

We had a fabulous time at Lauren's 1st Birthday party. Everything came together and even though we had 45 people here it really didn't feel too crowded.

This post is forever long so I apologize in advance. There are many pictures to document this momentous occasion for our little girl. :)


Lauren LOVED the balloons!!! She was in awe of them.



The banner I made for her big day. I never got a picture after we got it straightened out.

Desire, my friend, made the cake! It turned out awesome!



I made Lauren's onesie and tutu. It was a lot of fun and I liked knowing that her birthday outfit was made especially for her.



The outside sign. It rained so Shawn got this pic from the garage!

The Food:


Yes, that is a cooler skirt! Haha, am I weird or what? We served ice out of it and it needed to match the decor!

Our little family:


The outfit:

She didn't keep the tutu on for very long, but she sure looked cute! I got the cute bow from this site. They were wonderful! I ordered it Wed. night and it was in my mailbox Saturday morning.

Opening presents:

Check out that face!

Cake Time:

This is a picture of her blowing...can you tell?

Yes, I ate some off her hand. I am her mama...how could I refuse a girl ready to share?

Playing with the gifts:


We've got a lot to teach this girl about texting while driving!

What a great day! I am so thankful for the friends and family who came to show Lauren how much she is loved. It is hard to believe that my little baby is a year old, but I am excited (nervous) to see what lies ahead for us!

6 comments :

  1. hahah! her facial expressions were my favorite! I wonder who she got those from... ... ...JEN?!? :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting the pics so quickly. The cake and all the decorations were perfect, and that outfit was the BEST!!! The cooler skirt is so Jen- just like the tables at school! Looks like a fabulous 1st birthday party!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little one you have there!!! I'm glad she had a great 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the pictures. You did such a great job on her outfit - so cute!

    How are you holding up? I was so emotional at my girls' first birthdays. It's exciting but sad as well because the first year goes by so fast!

    Looks like an amazing party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love it!!! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for taking the time to add all the pics. I loved seeing all of them. What an adorable little princess she was in her birthday outfit. Everything looked perfect!!

    ReplyDelete