Tuesday, July 21, 2009

birthday girl

Even though we are celebrating Lauren's 1st birthday on Saturday with family and friends, Shawn and I decided we wanted to have a small celebration of our own today.

Lauren and I had a great day! We lounged around the house for a while and then we headed to the mall. Lauren was in serious need of some jammies. She has outgrown so many of her current ones and the 18 month ones we have ready for her are just too big right now. We found a couple of cute ones at Old Navy!!!

Uncle Zach came over after dinner and brought this:

yes, that is a shark tent!!!

...and this is the shark eating Lauren! Ha!


Thanks, Uncle Zach! You sure knew what this girl wanted for her birthday! :)

While I was at the mall I picked up a cookie to celebrate Lauren's b-day.


And celebrate she did!



After a nice, long, warm bath she was ready to open her present from Shawn and me.


We have another one for Saturday, but this one was perfect for tonight. She loved the music and the light up heart. P.S. Aren't those jammies the cutest? They say, "Hoot Hoot, I'm Cute"!


What a great day! It is still so hard for me to believe that I am the mother of a one year old. I am praying that God gives me the wisdom and strength to know how to raise this little girl. Love her!

No comments :

Post a Comment