Tuesday, July 28, 2009

50 things you may or may not know about me...

Alright, alright...I am doing it. My poor, poor blog reader(s).

1. I am the oldest child in my family.
2. My mom and I did not get along when I was in high school. At all. Period. We are really close now.
3. My favorite eye shadow is Sumptuous Olive by MAC.
4. I love candles.
5. Sweets are my weakness.
6. John Mayer's voice makes me melt...
7. I love music and would rather have it playing during the day than have the tv on.
8. I don't like to sleep alone.
9. I am a perfectionist and it keeps me from doing a lot of things - I am scared I can't do it RIGHT.
10. It really annoys me when people don't use the correct form of their, there, and they're or to, two, and too....even though I still have no idea how to use the correct form of lay, lie, laying, lying, laid, laden, ladening, layingly...ahhhh my head is going to explode - any help?!?!
11. I would do my wedding completely differently if I had the chance to do it over. (I would STILL marry Shawn!!! Just change the dress, decorations, etc.)
12. I love going on vacation, but I am always ready to get home.
13. Blogging makes me happy most of the time.
14. My favorite colors are blue and green.
15. I do not like to wake up early.
16. I do not like to go to bed late.
17. I like me some sleep!
18. Some days I miss teaching. Then, I get over my crazy and realize I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but home with Lauren.
19. I love pedicures.
20. I would get a professional massage every week if I could.
21. Most nights when I pick out my pj's I think, "now what would look best as my outfit for tomorrow..."
22. The Office is my favorite show. The theme song makes me instantly happy.
23. I am happiest when I am home. When I get really busy and feel all over the place, I become really cranky!
24. Now that we have DVR, I can't stand to watch commercials.
25. I feel like I am always in the kitchen - cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning
26. I don't like to go to ANY movie on opening night. The crowds and lines totally stress me out.
27. When we do go to the movies, I like to be there early to make sure we get a seat. If it is dark in the theater it is WAY too late.
28. I've been on two cruises and would go on more.
29. One of my pet peeves is people who don't use their blinkers!
30. I prefer lamps over overhead lighting any day.
31. In my opinion, when landscaping - less is more.
32. I have a little garden in my backyard with tomatoes and green and red peppers.
33. I like to be crafty.
34. I own a ton of scrapbooking supplies, yet never seem to find the time to use them.
35. I like to make lists.
36. I like to organize things.
37. I am obsessed with office supplies.
38. I love to save money using coupons but hate the time it takes to prepare.
39. I am not good at putting pictures in frames. In my bedroom right now there are 5 frames up or on the wall with no pictures in them.
40. I would love to have two or three more children.
41. I went through some serious baby blues after Lauren. I pulled away, felt like I was drowning, and couldn't cope.
42. It makes me nervous to think I might go through that again if we have more children. That was a scary time for me.
43. I cried for days when I stopped nursing Lauren. It was really hard for me to let her go. It wasn't hard on her at all.
44. I am inconsistent.
45. I do not like scary movies.
46. I need time alone.
47. I most usually have a song running through my head.
48. I'm too hard on myself. (Megan, that one is for you!)
49. I am saved and confident of where I am going when I die.
50. I am unworthy of the blessings God has given me, but I am learning to acknowledge them and be thankful in all I do and in the everyday.

There you have it! Now, if you have a blog and haven't done this one, I am tagging you!!! It's your turn!!!

2 comments :

  1. Yeah Jen! Thanks for taking the tag! I knew many of those things and learned some new stuff. very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you took the time to do this!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!

    ReplyDelete