Sunday, July 05, 2009

chillin'

We had a wonderful time at the lake this weekend. It has long been our family's tradition to head to the lake for the 4th. Shawn and I didn't make it last year as I was about ready to pop and our doctor gave us the no traveling orders. Honestly I was relieved by those...I did not want to go into labor in the middle of nowhere and besides that I was just sooo uncomfortable! This year we packed up Lauren and a few bags car full of stuff and headed to the water. The sun was out long enough over the weekend to give me a wicked sunburn...it is quite possible that I did not lather myself up well enough with sunscreen. In my quest for "some sun" I often forget that I burn rather easily. Neither here nor there. Shawn and I tubed a lot. In fact, my elbows are raw and the muscles in my back, neck, and arms hurt so bad I winced and asked Shawn if he might please help a lady out of the car after we'd been sitting idle in the car on the way home. I mean come on, isn't picking up your stiff muscled wife and carrying her into the house the gentleman-like thing to do? Lauren loved the lake, too. She doesn't seem to mind her life jacket too much even thought it looks so very uncomfortable.

I would love to show you pictures but my camera somehow mysteriously got wet last weekend after a pool party and it is way dead. Like so dead that we are going tomorrow to purchase us a brand spanking new digital camera. Any ideas/suggestions? Perhaps one that is waterproof?!?!

After a month or so of crazy busyness Lauren and I are going to work hard on chillin' this week. Honestly, her routine is so off from just being gone so much and I am sort of a homebody who feels all out of sorts when I haven't been home. There are things I'd like to do around the house and I'm looking forward to not feeling like I have to go do something. So - if I say no this week, please understand it is NOT you. I just really need to re-evalutate where I am spending my time (and money when I start spending time away from home) and working on getting back in to a routine. I am actually looking forward to it!

Loves!

1 comment :

  1. Good for you, Jen! A little (or lot) of time at home is good for the soul.:)

    ReplyDelete