Thursday, July 16, 2009

fighting the fear


Inspired by this post of Diedre's, I have decided to fight the fear of failure, pick myself up, and throw myself back in to scripture memorization. I haven't posted my scriptures for the Scripture Memory Team Beth Moore has been hosting in a LONG time. Do you want to know why? I stopped posting because I missed a couple of turn-in-your-homework days. I stopped posting because those couple of days turned into more than 2 months of no scriptures. I stopped posting because I was embarrassed and I felt like a failure. I stopped posting because I told myself if I had messed up already there was no way I would make it through the year. I stopped posting because I believed all that.

Today, I pulled myself together. I surveyed the damage. When was my last scripture? Where were my scripture cards? Could I remember any of the ones I had commited to memory months ago? And then I got busy. I am behind in the game right now, but I am choosing to believe God's words and not my own lies. I am choosing to believe Proverbs 2: 4-5 (my first memory verse).

Here are my verses. And, yes I am signing in to the LPM blog to enter all the verses I never posted. It is embarrasing but I need that accountability.

Here they are:

Verse 1 - January 1st: Proverbs 2:4-5

Verse 2 - January 15th: Psalm 139: 1-4

Verse 3 - February 1st: Philippians 2:14-15

Verse 4 - February 15th: Psalm 16:2

Verse 5 - March 1st: Ephesians5:15-16

Verse 5 - March 15th: Psalm 46:1

Verse 6 - April 1st: Isaiah 53:5

Verse 7 -April15th: Philippians 4:8

Verse 8 - May 1st: Romans 12:2

Verse 9 - May 15th: Psalm 19:13

Verse 10 - June 1st: Zephaniah 3:17

Verse 11 - June 15th: Matthew 6:21

Verse 12 - July 1st: Hebrews 4:16

Verse 13 - July 15th: 2 Corinthians 3:18

3 comments :

  1. Yay! You're back in - don't ever feel defeated - LIFE happens and we get distracted and discouraged. So, don't allow that false guilt to creep in and defeat you. There have certainly been months where I didn't 'feel' like participating, but I think God gets it and understands. The important part is you're trying again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could see yourself the I see you!

    ReplyDelete