Monday, July 27, 2009

before the throne

Some prayers:

Hey everyone....this morning I was reading on one of my favorite blogs, My Charming Kids, that their little baby Stellen is not doing well at all. In fact, he is being airlifted to a hospital on the east coast because his little heart is in SVT. Go here to read about it all.

I have another unspoken request that I would like to lift up. Don't worry that you don't know the specifics, God does. Please just cover this unspoken in prayer when you think about it.

Thanks.

I do not believe that we get what we ask for every time we pray. I do not believe that our God is bought or bribed by our prayers. I do believe that prayer will bring us closer to our Creator. I believe that this intimate relationship of laying things bare before the throne is what God desires from us. I believe that God can work some crazy miracles through faithful hearts lifted in prayer, I just believe that it is his decision and that I cannot bend, push, sway, or whine until I get my way.

I trust you Lord with the requests I bring you. I know what I would do in the situations, but you are GOD. You are sovereign. You know the plans you have and I trust you with the outcome.

1 comment :

  1. What a great reminder about the power of prayer! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete