I served this dish Sunday evening and Shawn is already begging me to make it again this week. It was delicious!
Sweet and Sour Chicken
3 small boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 whole eggs lightly beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
For the Sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
4 T ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 T soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic salt
1. Cut chicken breasts into chunks and season with salt and pepper.
2. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. (This part is a little weird and messy, but it works!!!)
3. Fry in a little oil until chicken is browned on all sides but not cooked through.
4. Place chicken in a single layer in a baking dish.
5. Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken.
6. Bake for one hour at 325 degrees.
7. Turn chicken every 15 minutes (I forgot to do this until the last 15 minutes and it was fine)
8. If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the stovetop. Stir consistently and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced, about 6 to 8 minutes.
9. Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!!