Monday, September 21, 2009

tulsa trip & tutus

Last weekend I made the trip to Tulsa with my good friend Shari. When I student taught I was very lucky and very blessed to have had her as my cooperating teacher. I love being around her and the trip was just fantastic!


We stopped at the McDonald's over the road and I was so excited! I hadn't been there in years. When I lived in Texas as a young child we would stop there on our way to visit family in Missouri. Oh the memories! I don't remember it being so dirty when I was a kid...

The real reason we went to Tulsa was to visit my very good friend and her daughter, Megan and to do this little craft thingy.... I am a little ticked at myself for not getting a picture of the two of us together. Megan and I couldn't have become friends at a better time. This girl helped me through so much in those early months as a new mommy. I knew that I could call her anytime and she would be whatever I needed. Sometimes I needed a listening ear, other times I needed a problem solver, but most times I just needed a friend who understood and could totally empathize. The weird/good/funny/perfect thing about our friendship is that after over a year of talking on the phone, through email, and our blogs we met in person at my Tupperware party. In fact, our Tulsa meeting was only our second meeting ever. I seriously love that girl for her sense of humor, her spirit, and for the way she looks at and approaches this life she's been given.

So anyway, I had made Megan's little girl a tutu earlier this year and she's been on me to start selling them. There was a little craft fair in Tulsa that she entered me in with my (reluctant at first) permission. The pictures that follow are a few of the items I made for people who actually wanted to buy from me! Can you believe it?!?! I make custom tutus and then applique shirts to match or to wear separately. I really enjoy doing it and it has been fun to see what I can create!

I am currently working on some holiday designs and Halloween costumes.

For some reason this one is sideways and it is driving me crazy!

4 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh! Just adorable... you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Super cute. Now all I need is a little princess to put them on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! ... Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!...About the "Rainy Day" activities, I plan on doing at least one a week and posting it on my blog. But, if you want a good list of fun activities go to www.notimeforflashcards.com. Or www.chasingcheerios.blogspot.com. They are both great resources for things like this! Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a great time and that you got to spend some quality time with Shari! Your tutus are just precious!!

    ReplyDelete