Friday, December 04, 2009

listening

This morning I put Lauren down for her nap and I came back into my semi-clean living room. You people know I live with a 16 month old, right? I poured myself a cup of coffee, opened my Bible, and sat for a moment on the couch. Listening.

At first I heard nothing but the hum of our heater. Then, I started hearing a cute little girl talking to herself. Yes, I still use a monitor with her. It makes me feel better. Anyway, she was so delightfully happy as she talked herself to sleep. Precious. Perfect.

My Bible opened up to Ecclesiastes 3, the chapter about there being a time for everything. As I read through those God-breathed verses I was shocked at how many of them I had a memory for, how many of them I am living in right at this very moment. For some reason it was very comforting to me to know that though I may be going through a season of tearing (God is working on me, people) He also promises me a time for healing. Does that comfort anyone else? That although it seems like this is a season of stone scattering (I feel that I am being asked to let some things go) and it hurts and it is uncomfortable and it is scary, He has promised me that there will be a time for gathering. I can only imagine what good He plans for me to gather back up and what bad stuff I won't even want to touch again. In my marriage, I am learning the truths for verse 7 - there is a time to be silent and a time to speak. Why is it I always feel like speaking?

Today I am meditating on where I am and where God wants me to be. In the stillness and in the crazy He is there giving me life and answers and truth. I just have to listen.

1 comment :

  1. I'm proud of you, Jen! Sending you love and prayers!
    ~Kel

    ReplyDelete