Monday, April 06, 2009

the food blues

I am in a funk. A menu planning funk.

I have been sitting at my kitchen bar staring at cookbooks for over 30 minutes and do you know what I have planned for dinner so far this week?!? Hot Dogs. Yes, that is right. Hot dogs. And I didn't even find the idea for them in one of the stinking cookbooks. It is a sad, sad state I am in.

I keep trying to figure out what my problem is this week. I usually love to plan our meals. Cookbooks excite me. Oh yeah, I used the word excite and I meant it very much. I usually like to try new things. Apparently not this week.

Here is my problem...Tuesday night I have bunko at my house and need to come up with some appetizers and a yummy desert. So far...I have nadda ideas. Then, Thursday night we have some friends coming over for dinner. Again...I have nadda ideas. Maybe it is the pressure...maybe I am just tired of cooking....maybe it is this nasty, freezing cold weather...maybe the thought of getting out in this weather with a baby to get groceries just doesn't do it for me. All that sounds about right.

Any ideas/suggestions for me? Too bad I couldn't just take a week off and our groceries would magically refill themselves and we would have hot, yummy dishes every night. Too bad...

2 comments :

  1. First of all, we had hot dogs last night. Don't feel bad. Second of all, you've got to just depend on good 'ol Pioneer Woman. I seriously planned almost our whole week around her. I couldn't get creative either. Anyway, worked for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't planned meals for weeks! All the soccer practices are killing me. But tomorrow we'll have chili, that's as far as I've gotten. By the way, I also LOVE looking thru cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete