Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fun with Friends

Desire' and I became friends through our husbands. They knew each other in college and now work at the same engineering firm. I can't remember how we first met, but it has been such a blessing getting to know her. She inspires, encourages, and challenges me in so many areas of my life. When I think about Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one (wo)man sharpens another, she definitely comes to mind.

Our husbands sometimes have to attend evening meetings and we have made it a priority to get ourselves and kids together on those nights. We have a blast and I usually end the night with a bit of a headache from laughing and talking and dreaming and laughing and taking care of our munchkins and talking. It's perfect and I wouldn't change a thing! Lauren is only a couple of months older than Isaac and Silas will be exactly one year older than our littlest munchkin. In other words, great fun!

Isaac and Lauren get along so well. It is really cute to watch them as they really start to interact together. This week they enjoyed tossing bean bags and chasing each other around the living room. Desire' and I were dying laughing at their high pitched squeals of joy. It was so precious!!!


Little Silas is seriously a joy baby. He never cries and likes to just hang out! In fact, this time he even got in on a little bit of the play action. Judging by these pictures, I think Lauren will be a wonderful big sister. She had a good role model while watching Isaac interact with his baby brother. He was just the sweetest thing with him.




We had the kids do a little pumpkin craft I found here and I think they turned out super cute! The kids did really well with the painting and staying focused and all that comes with attempting a craft project with toddlers!

We didn't get the final project completed that night because the paint had to dry but Lauren finished hers the next day and I got a picture of her today with her sweet pumpkin mask.

If this isn't the cutest pumpkin you've ever seen...I just don't know what to tell you. 


What great memories with great friends!

2 comments :

  1. such cuties... Love those pumpkin masks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the mask! Lauren will for sure be a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete