Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pampered

I've had a gift card burning a whole in my pocket since December 25th. My brother, Zach, got my mom and me both gift cards for pedicures and life has just not been cooperative enough for us to both go at the same time and use them.

Until last night. Oh the happy of last night!

My parents decided to come into town for a little while and my mom brought up the idea of finally going to get the pedi. I, of course, was all for it. It was even better that it would be just the two of us. A girls date of sorts. We left little Miss Lauren in good hands with Shawn, my dad, both brothers, and some of their friends. They went to Bass Pro and said she didn't miss us girls for a second. We, on the other hand, missed her bunches. In fact, we talked about one day bringing her with us and how much fun it would be.

The pedicure was amazing. I haven't had one in a sweet forever and I was really thankful that we finally got to use our gift from Zach. I went with the french tip, which just delights me to no end!

It was also really great to spend one on one time with my mom. It seems like since Lauren was born it isn't ever just the two of us. Not that I mind, mind you. I love that it is now us 3 girls and we have had MANY a fun time together! I think it just made it even more special that it was just the two of us last night. I definitely didn't take it for granted!

We all met up afterward for some yummy Mexican food and it did not disappoint. What a great evening!

No comments :

Post a Comment