Wednesday, May 27, 2009

the lake


On Monday Shawn, Lauren, and I drove down to Bull Shoals Lake to visit my family and have some fun in the sun. Unfortunately for us, the sun decided to stay away for most of the day. We did have a few glorious bursts of sunshine and warmth, but only a few.

I was freezing and stayed under a beach towel most of the day but Shawn, my brothers Zach and Jared, and Zach's girlfriend Victoria did get it...brave souls!


If the lake showed me anything this year it is that I am not ready for a bathing suit. So - it is back to The Shred. This time I am going to do it faithfully for 30 days. (hahahah) Ok - I am going to try my very hardest to do it faithfully for 30 days. (hahahah) Ok - I did it this morning...who knows if I will EVER do it again.

I did get these board shorts for tubing and the overall hiding of my upper thighs:

If you haven't ever tubed before and wonder why I need board shorts - the neoprene on the tube rubs my legs raw when I am riding. Combine that with a sunburn and you have some screaming red legs!


Isn't this the cutest? Lauren fell asleep on my mom with the noise of the boat and the breeze. Her life jacket squishes her cheeks so bad. Does anybody know of a good baby jacket?!?! This one is neoprene and she did okay in it...but I am worried about it rubbing her cheeks raw!

Check out her two front teeth! Zach says she looks like SpongeBob which I think is totally inappropriate. :)

This is pretty much what Lauren did all day - ate.


Oh yes - and she was often very thirsty. She can use the sippy by herself...but daddy was there so why put forth the effort?!?!

5 comments :

  1. She is adorable...looks like a great day with family!

    I bought the Shred and did it yesterday for the first time. It was KILLER! I can't believe how sore I am from one 20 minute work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    The 30 day Shred is brutal. Brutal! I am not enjoying it at all - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! And what's the Shred? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have some baby life jackets, but I'm holding them hostage. You must visit me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found one at walmart that is neoprene but it zips up the back. haven't tried it yet, but i'll let you know when we do.

    ReplyDelete