Friday, May 29, 2009

friday morning nonsense

So last night I did day 2 of my quest to complete the 30 Day Shred. This morning I can barely lift my arms to undress. This could be a problem unless I decide I do want to venture out of the house with bits of banana and whoknowswhatelse smashed into my shirt. Wouldn't that be pretty! You know that feeling when you are in the car and someone slams on the breaks really fast and then all the muscles in your neck tense up for a moment? Well, that is pretty much how my neck feels right now except - you know - it is constant. Fun, right?

Shawn surprised me with the new CD from Jason Mraz. I know, it has been out for like forever and I am way behind, but who cares because I have it now! Have you heard the song, A Beautiful Mess, off of the album? Oh my word - good stuff! A tiny sample of the lyrics to follow:

and it kind of hurts when the kind of words you say kind of turn themselves into blades

I have bible study this morning and Lauren woke up at 6:00! Shawn played with her while he got ready and let me sleep for a little bit longer. Have I mentioned how much I am NOT a morning person? Have I mentioned I love that man?! Anyway - back to bible study. These mornings are always a little stressful for me because I want Lauren to be good when we go (she stays with me during the study) but her nap time is RIGHT in the middle of our time together. So - I am happy to report that after her early morning appearance, she is now back asleep. I am hoping that she will get a good little nap in before bible study so she won't be all whiny and clingy and overall unhappy.

It is Friday! I am hoping that Shawn only has to work half of a day today so we can spend some family time together. It is actually sunny here today unlike the last 4 days of gloomy gray/grey (which one is it already?!?!?!) weather. Maybe we'll head to the park for some swinging.

I'm planning on making homemade pizza for dinner tonight - Shawn's favorite. I am thinking of making it a Friday Night tradition around here. We both love pizza and I especially love how easy it is to make! Here is the recipe I use for homemade pizza dough (thanks, Kelly!!!):

Heat oven to 425 degrees

1 pkg active dry yeast (I buy my yeast from the whole health food store so I use a heaping tablespoon...emphasis on the heaping)
1 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
2 1/2 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in water. Beat in remaining ingredients and knead for about 5 minutes. Set aside 5 - 20 minutes to allow dough to rise as desired. If I am in a huge hurry - I skip the rising step - I am a rebel I know! Bake crust for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove dough and top with your favorite ingredients. Put pizza back in oven and bake until cheese is melted and looks yummy! ENJOY!

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the compliments about my blog and Carson's room on my blog! I'd love to come decorate with you sometime, but you do such a wonderful job of it yourself. I need help with my kitchen/dining area...maybe we can swap ideas?

    I did the Shred 2 days ago, and will do it again today... I was so sore I couldn't move without moaning. There was no way I could have done the workout 2 days in a row after the first time. OUCH!

    Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you this morning! Thanks for the book! I'm getting ready to start it right now. There's nothing quite like a good book! Have a great weekend, Girl.

    ReplyDelete