Tuesday, May 26, 2009

bff's

This past weekend we packed up and headed to H-Ville to see my best friend from high school and her husband and baby girl. It was a great trip and much, much too short.

Amber and I were inseparable from 8th grade through our senior year. We were cheerleaders, played in the band (I know...I know), and went to the same youth group at Church. We even wore the same shirt in different colors on the first day of school our freshman year. She knew all my secrets and I knew all of hers. We shared a locker and made sure we had every class together, even the dreaded gym! We made great fashion choices and thought we were hilarious. I am so thankful for her friendship and love! I don't know what I would have done without her! I don't have any pics from when we were in high school here, but I'll have to get one from my parent's house and upload it...it could be pretty funny!!!

After high school she went to Mizzou and I went to Drury and life just kind of got in the way of everything. We still talked on the phone and got together when we could, but it was hard. I was her maid of honor when she married the love of her life and she was my matron of honor when I married my Shawn. I just love that girl!

Amber and I were both pregnant at the same time last year. In fact, her little girl Kendall was born just two weeks after Lauren. During our pregnancies we only got to see each other one weekend. She lives in St. Louis and it never seemed to work out where we were in the same place at the same time. This weekend was the first weekend we were able to meet each others little girl. It made me realize how much I miss my Ambular and how I wish we were raising our babies closer to each other. I mean, they have to be best friends forever, right?!?!

Here are a few pics of the festivities!

BFF's



Kendall is walking! Lauren better get moving...no - I take that back!


Serious bonding was taking place here! How adorable is that?!?!


2 wiggly girls = you never know what kind of picture you'll get


Amber, thanks for being a great friend throughout the years. You have a beautiful family and I love you dearly! I am so looking forward to our St. Louis weekend this summer!!

No comments :

Post a Comment