Wednesday, May 13, 2009

birthday in pictures

Today was my birthday. Isn't it fun getting older?!?! I did a whole lot of nothing. I figured it would be my present to myself. I made a big batch of sweet tea this morning and never let my glass get empty. It was glorious. Lauren and I played, I took some pics of her outside, I read, I caught up on blogs, I cleaned out my pantry, and I thoroughly enjoyed my day.

We have a grape arbor in our back yard and these pictures are taken of Lauren playing under it. It was a gorgeous day - perfect for pictures.








Because Shawn knows how much I love jewelry, he bought me this ring for my birthday:


I know...super classy, right?!?! It is fun and funky and I love it!


He also bought me this super scrumptious chocolate cake from Sams Club. I mean it when I say - to.die.for.



And here we are on our way to Red Robin. Nothing beats the dashboard shot!


Last Friday, Shawn took me out on a date just the two of us for my birthday. We went to Bijans and to see The Skinny Improv downtown so tonight was more of a celebration with our little family. Anywho...we went to Red Robin #1 - because I love it and #2 - because if you sign up for their birthday club you get a free burger on your birthday!!! woot, woot, holla, holla - FREE!!!

Yes, I asked the waitress to take our picture. I know, I am weird.



Donoteatthatballoonoritwillpopandyourmommawillfreakout!


Shawn also got me a new pair of running shoes. I didn't take a picture of them because I am too tired from my day of doing nothing...or maybe it is just the sugar crash from all that sweet tea! Off to bed!

2 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday (well, yesterday). Looks like you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you spent the day with your beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete