Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Happy One Month, Easton!

Dear Easton,

My handsome little man, how in the world has a month already passed? It seems like it was just yesterday that I first heard your cry and held you tight in my arms for the first time. And, yet, in other ways it is so hard to imagine our lives without your sweet presence. You fit into our lives so perfectly and beautifully and I thank God every single day for you.


I adore your personality. You are a very calm and relaxed baby unless you are hungry. We laugh because when you get mad (which isn't too often) you really get mad. You scream and get all sweaty and do not stop until you get what you want, which is usually to be fed. You make the loudest grunts and groans and you are already very strong. You hold your sweet head up like a champ and don't seem to mind tummy time too much.  You can also toot and burp with the best of them...such a little man. :) You have also peed on me and your daddy more times than we can count! Silly boy!!!


You are nursing every 3 hours during the day and every 3 to 4 hours at night. You sleep in a bassinet right beside my bed and even though I am constantly putting your binkie back in or listening to your deep grunts until you fall asleep after a feeding, I wouldn't change it for the world. I love spending that quality time with you in the wee hours of the night and I cherish these moments of you at this age.

You are a big boy! You have already outgrown your newborn clothes and sleepers and newborn diapers. You are wearing size 1 diapers and size 0-3 month or 3 month clothes. You are our little chunky monkey and I am so glad that nursing seems to be going so well for you. :) I have no concerns that you aren't getting enough to eat. Ha!

Your big sister, Lauren, loves you so much. In the last week or so you've started really focusing on her face or following her movements with your eyes. I know she loves that and I know that you already love her. She provides lots of fun entertainment for you and I am sure she will in the days to come. She loves to help out when you are upset or fussy. She will say, "Mama, Ea-ton need you. Ea-ton fwussy." or "No worry Ea-ton, my be right there." I love it and I love knowing that she is already looking out for you.


Sometimes I look at your sweet face and I can't believe you are truly mine. I feel so blessed that God chose me to be your mama and I pray that I will do a good job. This time around I feel like I am soaking up the moments with you and appreciating the little things so much more because I know how fast these days will go by. I never want to forget what it feels like to have you snuggle up so tightly against my chest, to wrap your tiny fingers around mine, or to see you stare at my face and wonder what in the world you were thinking. I don't want to take these moments for granted.


We've only known each other for a month my dear child, but already I love you more than I ever thought possible. I had no idea how my heart would be able to hold any more love when you arrived. Somehow, in God's perfect planning, my heart does hold more love. I love you desperately. I love your sister desperately. I love you the same, I love you differently.

I love you to the moon and back fourteen million times,
Mommy

2 comments :

  1. Wow! He is changing so much! Easton is just adorable and so blessed to have such a loving mom. Happy One Month Easton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe it's been a month! He's such a little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete