Monday, January 11, 2010

good morning


I was walking through Mardel the other day when I happened upon the aisle with all the pretty journals. I don't know how I always end up there but the vibrant colors and crisp, clean pages draw me nearly every time. One particular journal caught my attention. I don't really know how because all I noticed was the spine of it. But, oh my - that spine was beautiful. Can you even imagine my surprise when I pulled it out and the cover said, "She plants seeds of JOY and watches the blessings grow." I'm sorry, what? Seriously? I'm sure you heard me say that 2010 was to be the year of joy for me. The journal find practically put me over the top, people. Obviously I snatched that darling journal up (even though I have one I am currently writing in) and declared it to be my, the year of joy journal.

This morning during my quiet study, I came across this verse in John 10:28 ~
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

I italicized the ending part of that verse because for some reason this morning that resonated with me. As children of God, we are known by God. How do I know that? He holds us in his hand, people!!! His grip is so firm on us that nothing can separate us from him (Romans 8:38-39). He is not like the mother at the park who watches over her child as he/she plays. Yes, that kind of love is sweet too...knowing that you are always watched over. But, God goes further than that. He picks us up - us who are bruised from life, full of sin, desperate for him - and cradles us in his all-powerful and mighty hand. We are safe in him.

I'm not saying that as a believer in Christ bad things won't happen. Because unfortunately, they do - we live in a sin filled world. I'm just saying that as the world moves around us and as situations and circumstances happen, we do not have to ever feel alone. Amidst the turmoil, we are held. We never, ever have to worry that we might be dropped. It just won't happen.

No comments :

Post a Comment