Friday, January 01, 2010

give me a pair of skis, some poles, and warm gear and i am there, baby

I was really worried that I was going to forget everything I had learned about skiing the last time I got to go (in '07) and make a total fool of myself on the mountain this year. Thank the Lord it came back to me and I spared my family the embarrassment of having to apologize to the other skiers on the mountain for my slow and dangerous trek down. I was still slow this year, just not so dangerous. Alright, that's not entirely true. The non-english speaking boy I took out (he totally cut in front of me) would have probably said that I was dangerous. That is after he stopped bawling uncontrollably. Luckily, he was fine and that was my only tragedy.

We had beautiful weather but I guess Colorado hasn't seen much snow (at least the part we were in) and so they were having to make snow on the mountain. That was crazy to see! While there wasn't a lot of fresh, new snow there were plenty of people. I would have preferred to have the whole mountain to myself (see above paragraph) but I did alright meandering through the throngs.

I saw this hat in the gift shop and totally thought it was me. Shawn, on the other hand did not. In fact, he took this picture just so he could laugh at me more. What a sweetie. I think he might have even called me a Smurf.


Just a pretty view of the mountain. And some snow-boarders' backsides.


Top of the mountain getting ready to ski to the bottom. The view was amazing and humbling.


Riding the ski lift. See - not much snow behind me.


This was the last day of skiing and the only day it was really cold.


Okay, this is me skiing in my mom's coat. We shared a lift ticket because we took turns watching Lolo and so I just wore her coat one day. It may look like I am going slow, I probably was.


2009, you were a great year for skiing.

5 comments :

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun! AND I love the hat! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I would have totally killed somebody - for sure. And thank heavens you did not buy the hat. I would have laughed SO hard. (All out of love, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing with us. I've been excited to hear how it all went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to Snowshoe Mountain for some skiing soon. I am really looking forward to it. I hope they have some light poles available. http://www.sightseeingreview.com/lightestskipoles.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Makes me want to go back! Last time I was there, I got engaged on top of the mountain! I could live there. So beautiful!

    ~Glad you went and had fun and glad you're back!! :)

    ReplyDelete