Wednesday, June 10, 2009

one of those days

Today was one of those days. You know the kind where your feelings are literally teeter-tottering all over the place. The kind where your nerves are about to do a free fall off any edge of sanity you have. The kind when all your best intentions are still where you left them at 7 this morning and there is really nothing but a pile of clean laundry pulled from the dryer and thrown on the bed to show for your day. That has been my day.

I think Lauren is teething. No, I hope Lauren is teething because I have no other explanation for her sudden CRANKINESS and inability to unlatch her claws and/or whole person from my person. Her morning nap was great but her afternoon nap was terrible. She was sooo tired but refused to stop screaming long enough to catch some zzzz's. And as if listening to a screaming baby isn't stressful enough, I was trying to work through our finances and get them back in some semblance of shape. Every 5 minutes or so I would have to stop what I was doing and go into little Miss Sunshine's room to pick her pacifier up from the floor and put her back down. I thought I was going to throw my own fit. In fact, I might have done just that in the privacy of my own living room...but I'll never tell. She finally went to sleep but then I had that mommy guilt creep in for making her take a nap when she really needed one and for being frustrated with her. Isn't that the best?

Then tonight, I spoke with someone near to me and it all came out wrong and how I meant it but not how I meant it and there was really no going back. I got annoyed, she got annoyed. The conversation ended horribly and I'm not sure yet how to mend the situation or if I am supposed to. Basically I am smack dab in the middle of a rock and a hard place.

That's it. That has been my day. I'm hoping yours was much better. I think it will be an early night for me. But first, I really do need to fold those clothes on the bed and put them away.

1 comment :

  1. Oh Jen - I'm so sorry. I hate those days. I'll call you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete