Sunday, June 21, 2009

daddy

There has been nothing sweeter to me in this whole world than watching my husband fall head over heels in love with his little girl. She had him wrapped around her little finger from the moment he first laid eyes on her and she hasn't quit charming him. What a beautiful picture they make.

Shawn, I always knew that you were a good man. I always knew you would be a good father. What I didn't know was how good you would be. You have never hesitated to change diapers, read bedtime stories, attend doctors visits, get up in the middle of the night, slow dance with your princess, kiss boo-boos, give baths, brush little teefers, tickle toes, play hide-and-seek, say bedtime prayers, give kisses, go for daddy dates, rock to sleep, get on the floor and crawl around, eat smushed up food from eager to share fingers, or love unconditionally.

You have exceeded every meager expectation I had for the kind of father you would be. I know that the godly example you are for our baby will be so important in the choices she will make in her life. I can only pray that she will find someone faithful and true like you. Thank you for being you - wonderful you.

1 comment :