Friday, June 26, 2009

girlfriends

Thursday night was girls night round these here parts. When Shawn watches Lauren we always call it a Daddy Date. I don't know who started it, but it has kind of stuck around. I like the thought of Lauren having special times with her daddy as she grows up. What sweet memories. She is one lucky girl!

Anyway, we went to eat at Houlihans and it was really good although the service left much to be desired! We got there around 7 and did not stop talking until finally at 10:30, I said - "Girls, I am tired!". We were supposed to go bowling also, but who wants to put on stinky shoes and bowl 10 gutter balls when you are having a blast just talking to each other. My husband totally doesn't get the whole talking for hours on end part. Oh well...it's just a girl thing I guess. And my oh my did we have some deep conversations. I mean really, it is totally important to discuss the impact Michael Jackson has had on our lives (well...not me - I am totally not in to him) and the new purses/wallets/clothing/accessories we were each wearing. On a more serious note we also talked about the ins and outs of our lives at this current time. I'm glad to have girlfriends who know me and still love me!!!

3 comments :

  1. How very blessed to have girlfriends!!
    And seriously, is there ANYTHING better than sitting around and talking?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! Miss seeing that group in the hallways!

    ReplyDelete