Monday, August 23, 2010

Dear (First Half Of) First Trimester,

Dear (first half of) First Trimester,

Well, hello there. Aren't you a funny little thing? You've sure showed up with a vengeance in the last two weeks. When I first found out I was pregnant, I felt really good. I thought that maybe, just maybe I would escape the dreaded morning (all-day for me) sickness that came when I was pregnant with Lauren. I guess I got too excited about that possibility because you decided to destroy that dream really quickly. I've been nauseous every day for the past two weeks. Thankfully I haven't had the worst of morning sickness yet. I had it with Lauren so I am still holding out hope that it might pass me by this time. Lauren and I were in Toys R Us when I first found out I was pregnant and I picked these little things up just in case you decided to show up. They've been great! I really do feel better when I eat one.


You have made me so exhausted with this pregnancy. I do not remember feeling this tired with Lauren. I have been soaking up my cuddle time on the couch with my girl. I've also been taking advantage of naps and early bedtimes. I also have very little motivation. I had so many intentions of fun things planned for Lauren, but I am having a hard time with anything actually coming to fruition. I just keep reminding myself that this will be over soon and I will be back to my normal crazy self!

You have also kept me from two of my loves. I haven't had a drop of either of these since the day I found out I was pregnant. I guess that is one way to quit cold turkey.


I know there is still a lot of you left to get through and I am just trying to remember that there is a sweet little baby doing lots and lots of growing inside my tummy. Although I am thankful for that, I will be so glad to welcome the second trimester.

Love?!?!?!?
Jen

*idea for letters to the trimesters from here*

3 comments :

  1. Yucky 1st trimesters. :( Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I hear ya! Someone the other day told me I had the pregnancy glow and I told him it was because I had been green for the first 6 months. Someone didn't tell my body the first trimester was supposed to end after about 3 months:) Hope you feel better soon, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there friend! Those days are so hard...I hope your 2nd trimester is easier!

    ReplyDelete