Monday, March 01, 2010

no!

Lauren has a new favorite word. For the past week or so it has been pretty much a constant from her lips. How I wish it was something nice and sweet and just down-right precious. Instead, it is big and bold and determined.

NO

She's been saying no. Let me clarify that. She has been saying no with gusto and without fear. A normal conversation in our home these days:

Me: Lauren, do you love me?
Lauren: No
Me: Lauren, do you want a drink?
Lauren: No
Me: Lauren, is that your slide?
Lauren: No
Me: Really, because I thought that was your slide and you liked it very much.
Lauren: No, no, no...

What a fun little stage we are entering. And, yes I am praying this is a stage and nothing more. It's funny to me because it seems like just when I get one stage figured out, we enter another one that totally throws me for a loop.

P.S. If your child went through this and you have any words of wisdom for me - I'd love to hear them!

1 comment :

  1. No wisdom from me! I need words of wisdom regarding this ugly issue: What do you do when your eight month old throws a tantrum in the middle of a restaurant?

    ReplyDelete