Friday, February 05, 2010

back to school, back to school, to prove to dad I'm not a fool....

Yesterday was my first day of being in the school observing practicum students. It was strange being back in school and yet not really being "back". I was there, but not a part of it. Students didn't need me for anything. I didn't have a class trailing me down the hall. I didn't have a classroom of my own or even an understanding of the layout of the school. It was different.

I really enjoyed watching my practicum girls teach. They are so young and excited and eager to learn. I am thrilled to be helping them grow in any way I can.

I saw lots of tiny kids and I thought of Lauren going to school. Thankfully, I was able to suppress the sadness that welled up so huge inside of me and remember that she is 18 months old. Unfortunately, then I remembered how fast the past 18 months have gone and how fast the next years will be and that before I know it she will be walking down a school hallway with her lunchbox in hand and I had to pick myself up off the cold tile floor and breathe into a paper bag.

If you need me today I will just be hugging on my little girl and looking at her newborn pictures and whispering in her ear over and over - don't grow up too soon, don't grow up too soon, don't grow up too soon, okay? ;)

3 comments :

  1. Hi, I love your blog. Congratulations. Lots of love from Chile. (Your baby is so cute)
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. this blog is beyootiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen...nice post!..And the way you wrote about your baby was so sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete