Thursday, March 19, 2009

what is she wearing?

You can't believe how much I've been longing for spring and summer to just finally get here already. I've spent cold days imagining how wonderful the warm sun on my back would feel and how nice it would be to get outside and want to stay outside.

So, you can imagine my horror when I realized that, oh no, I haven't worn regular summer clothes in like 2 years. Last summer I was as big as a barn and then in the months after Lauren's birth...well let's just say things didn't fit how they once had....weird, huh?!?!

Today I am facing a container full of summer clothes that are, gasp, two seasons old OR older! I know that much of what I have will be just fine to wear again 'cause I am not much of a trend girl. I kind of stick with the regular 'ole stuff like jean capris, tee shirts, and flip flops. A sylista, I know. Still....I am not sure that they are going to take me through the season without looking a little dumpy.

One of my biggest, well maybe not biggest, but one of my fears about staying home was that I would start to look old, like I'd given up, and never cute again. You know what I am talking about? Two words - mom. jeans. Isn't that vain? Just trying to keep it real.

Now, my question for you is what items do I need to purchase that could give me the illusion of being in style? I'm NOT talking about a whole new wardrobe here...Lauren sure doesn't pay good money! Please, please comment and help me out. I have a ton of friends who are very stylish and who know how to shop frugally....and I'll be honest, my looks are counting on YOU.

3 comments :

  1. While I know I'm not the stylish friend, my favorite thing to wear is dresses!! Perfect summer clothes and you don't have to wear pants;) And they're frugal, essentially two pieces of clothing for one (top and bottoms). Ta-da.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share the fear of getting dressed up being my last thought. Sometimes I think I will be lucky to get out of workout clothes. Well, "What Not To Wear" may be our best friend!! I love that show!!

    They can do so much with cute shoes, and a light jacket......jacket being a summery jacket. They work miracles on that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit Old Navy. They're pretty cheap, and they have outfits put together already for you. I just wander around until I find a cute manaquin (did I even come close to spelling that right?!) and strip the clothes right off her. Works every time. :)

    Anyway, my very stylish sister told me to do that, and it helps qutie a bit. Not to mention that you can land some pretty good sales, too.

    ReplyDelete