Monday, March 09, 2009

my new hobby

**Note: This project was completed while I should have been cleaning...so although Lauren has a new onesie - my house is still a mess :) **

I'm falling in love with embroidery. Sounds silly, right? Seriously though I've been having a ball creating things with my trusty 'ole needle and cheerful thread. I thought I would post a little project I just completed. Please do not look too closely at the needlework. I said I was enjoying it, not that I was any good!

The pattern is from Lolly Chops. How cute is it?!?! I just printed it out and used a transfer pencil to trace it. Then, I ironed the paper onto the onesie and the transfer did its job.




I had to post this picture only because I love the look. It is almost as though she has seen me give it before...haha.

5 comments :

  1. That's adorable! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! What a great gift idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute - I used to cross-stitch on sweatshirts for the little kids. My eyes gave out - but they made great gifts. You may already know this - but I always ironed some of the iron on interfacing stuff on the backs to make them last longer in the wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you go girl...you need to check etsy.com for other great crafty ideas...there are some really cool designers that do awesome work....I am sure we could all do it...it's just that time thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete