Monday, March 16, 2009

weekend

Our weekend came to a quick end when Lauren suddenly came down with a high fever Saturday night. I mean, we are talking just fine one minute and 103 degrees the next. We had a horrible night because she was up every 45 minutes to an hour crying. She was so hot and we were trying everything, but her fever just wouldn't break. Sunday we decided to come back home early so we could get her in to Urgent Care. I was hoping for an ear infection just so we could get some medicine and get her better. Unfortunately, her exam looked great. Ha, that sounds weird right? Her ears, throat, and chest all looked normal. Since she has a history of urinary tract infections the doctor decided to go ahead and do another catheter to get a sample of her urine. He said that some babies develop immunity to the antibiotics they are on for these infections. The quick test came back normal and so he just switched her antibiotics and sent us home. We are still waiting to see if this culture will grow bacteria. Last time it took about 3 days before we knew it was a urinary tract infection. In the meantime, she is still running really high fevers and I am exhausted!

5 comments :

  1. Oh Jen, I'm so sorry that Lauren is not feeling well. I will keep her in my prayers. I know it's not fun to have your baby sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that! Bless her little heart. She's had quite a time. You all are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this - poor little thing and poor Mom and Dad!! We will keep her in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your baby is sick. It's so tough when you don't know what to do for them. Everyone is finally well around here, but it took awhile.

    I LOVE your new blog look - so soothing and welcoming. Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen! I am so sorry to hear that little Lauren is not feeling well! I will be praying that she gets well and you get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete