Thursday, September 09, 2010

A Good Day

Today was one of those days that was just right. Lauren woke up early but happy and I woke up without the nasty feeling of nausea. Praise God! I honestly thanked Him so many times throughout the day for this day. Tomorrow may be back to sickness, but today was a beautiful and much needed reprieve. It was not wasted on me.

I set up Lauren's easel while I cleaned the kitchen and she had a blast getting creative. It had been a long time since I'd brought it out and she absolutely soaked the experience up. I loved watching her face light up when she would say, "Mama, wook" and I would praise her for her beautiful artistry. It was one of those mornings I will remember for a long time.


Tippie toes and elephant pants...that girl has my heart in a big way.



Her masterpieces proudly displayed on the refrigerator.

I had a craving (ha, imagine that) for these M & M treats my friend Cara makes and so I got busy making them. Of course, I had to use the autumn colored M & M's!


Basically you put a Hershey's Kiss on a pretzel and bake it for about 5 minutes at 200 degrees. When they come out of the oven, push an M & M down on the soft chocolate and voila - scrumptious snack!

I haven't been feeling up to doing very many educational or crafty things lately, but with my sudden still stomach I decided to tackle a little project for Lauren that I had been wanting to do for a while. I found this here, but she sited this site, so I am not entirely sure who's this is but Lauren loved it!

Just simply get an empty Pringles can and cover it with construction paper. I wrote Lauren's name on it and let her color it. Then. punch holes in the top and then color those reinforcement stickers for notebook paper the colors of your pipe cleaners.


She absolutely loved it. It just goes to show that the most expensive toys aren't always the ones that your kids like the most!


For dinner I made a baked potato soup and homemade bread. My friend, Tammy, has the best recipe for the soup, but my pregnant brain couldn't find it this morning. I just used one I found on the internet. Maybe she will post hers sometime soon (no pressure, Tam!) and I can link to it. Yummy!!!


I did about a million loads of laundry today and now I am absolutely pooped! I'm not even sure if I will make it through Big Brother and Project Runway! That is tired!

No comments :

Post a Comment