Tuesday, June 29, 2010

st. louis


This past weekend Leslie, Carissa, Mandie, and myself headed to St. Louis to have a little girl's retreat and to see the Beth Moore. We took my car and I drove until we got close to St. Louis and the crazy traffic and crazier drivers. Carissa took over from there and wasn't a bit fazed. She is a rock star driver.


Potty break #1.


We ate lunch at the Hard Rock cafe and I don't know if it was just because we were all starving or if the food was just amazing, but I don't think I've ever tasted a burger quite so yummy before. As we were sitting there I asked the girls if they thought the restaurant had any John Mayer memorabilia. I was too chicken to ask the waitress so Mandie did it for me. What a friend! Anyway, much to my dismay, they did not have a single ounce of John Mayer in the place. =(


We decided that we should do something to commemorate our little trip so Mandie, Carissa, and I got henna tattoos. Mine is already starting to wear off. Made me think about getting a real one....


Leslie decided she would rather spend her money on some coffee goodness and Mandie had a gift card so they hit up Starbucks for some iced mocha love.


Carissa and Leslie found these suhweet jumpsuits at Arden B. What is the fashion world coming to?

We met up with my BFF from high school, Amber and headed to the arena in enough time to get decent seats. I'm not going to lie...I was really freaked out about getting to the arena on time. I don't like to be late and I don't like to have to search frantically for a good seat. It stresses me out. Thankfully, the girls love me and accept me even in all my craziness.

We went straight from the mall to the arena so we did much of our primping in the car. Mandie gave us a little bronzer makeover. I only got the pic of Leslie...she is so gorgeous!


Leslie and me in the parking garage.


Leslie, me, and Mandie in the parking garage.


Amber and me!


When we got into the arena I met up with my friend Kelly. It was really neat to see people we knew there. Also, I kind of have crazy eyes in the picture. I think it was from the mad dash to find seats.


Our group:



I had to get the annual "Beth Moore and Me" pic. =)

I can't wait to share about the conference. It was SO.MUCH. My mind is still sorting through the information. I am afraid if I tried to spell it out it would be a big huge scatterbrained mess.

We had a blast. I feel like I learned so much about these girls as women and as my friends. What a blessing.

2 comments :

  1. I had such a good time Jen! Thank you so much for putting our trip together and helping my walk with God by inviting me to such an uplifting weekend! LOVED it and can't wait till the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to read about your trip. Sounds like it was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete