Wednesday, November 02, 2011

30 Days of Intentional Kindness


I am so excited to team up with Jenae from I Can Teach My Child for her awesome 30 Days of Intentional Acts of Kindness with Your Kids Challenge!!! The month of November can get extremely hectic (and IS for us with us moving) but I don't want that to get in the way of us taking time to model and teach our kiddos about being kind! I am so excited to get started (even though we are a couple of days late...we'll just tack on a few at the end, haha) so here are a few of my ideas!!!

1. Write to our sponsor child, Leo.
2. Pack one (maybe two) Operation Christmas Child boxes.
3. Bake banana bread (or some sweet treat) and take to our new neighbors.
4. Leave a "Welcome Home" gift at our old house for the new occupants.
5. Write handwritten notes of encouragement and include pictures created by the kiddos.
6. Leave a thank you note/gift for our new mailman.
7. Take a meal to a friend in need.

Do you have any great ideas? I am really praying that this month will open my eyes and help me be more thankful and more generous! I am praying that these intentional acts of kindness will help replace my old ugly selfish desires with putting others first! I am excited to start!!!

1 comment :