Thursday, May 13, 2010

happy birthday to me

This morning I woke to the sound of storm sirens going off. At first I wasn't too concerned because I thought it was Wednesday and they were testing them....until I realized that it was Thursday and it was really, really dark in my room. I jumped up and peeked outside and then texted Shawn to see if I should be scared and if he was coming home. A tornado had been reported southwest of our house and the storm was getting ready to pass through so he told me to get Lauren up and get to the bathroom to be safe.

As I was leaving my room to get Lauren I noticed some yarn stuck to the wall with a note attached to it.


I thought this was pretty funny, but I had to get Lauren and get to the bathroom before I could really investigate.


Of course we had to get Alex too. Lauren loves Alex. We hung out in the bathroom for about 15 minutes and then went back to the fun yarn maze Shawn had set up before he left for work.


The man must love me to go through all this trouble. Lauren and I had SO much fun winding up the string as we went and finding little clues!!!


He wrapped the yarn around everything. It was crazy and if I hadn't rolled it up as I went I know I would have been lost!!!!


See, everywhere!!! :)


Here you can see how much string I had already rolled up and the notes I had gotten before we reached the breakfast. Panera bagels!!! My favorite - asiago cheese and cinnamon crunch. Sooooooooo good!!!


I was cracking up at the amount of yarn the guy went through (also this is a sneak peek at our newly renovated kitchen....I promise to have a post soon!)


Beautiful flowers from our yard. Love this man!!!


This card cracked me up - I am to get my nicest outfit out of the closet and dust it off!!! :) Hehe!!!!


The final card. Apparently there are more birthday presents to come this evening!!!! And, Shawn arranged for my brother and his girlfriend to watch Lauren tonight. Lauren will be so taken care of!


Lauren picked out the cupcake card. :)


Look at all this string!!! I can't believe he thought of this. It was such a fun way to start my birthday morning. I am seriously the luckiest girl alive. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter. Happy birthday to me!!!

4 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh. That is the sweetest thing ever!!!! Have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that?!?! I love thoughtful gifts like that. Definately the most memorable!! Happy Birthday and I can't wait to hear about the rest of the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day!!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you've been blessed with someone who so obviously adores and treasures you!!

    ReplyDelete