Monday, August 03, 2009

Mr. Luke


Today one of my good friends, Cara, has to take her precious 9 month old baby boy to a pediatric neurosurgeon at 3:30. Luke has been diagnosed with craniosynostosis. If you didn't know...you would never know that Luke was facing this. He is right on target with his developmental milestones and is just the cutest little thing! Thankfully, Cara's pediatrician caught it during a well child visit. A well child visit, people! One thing Cara has really stressed after this is to not take those for granted. GO even when you think that your child is progressing well and you really have no questions or concerns. Go.

Please pray for Luke and his family today. Pray that the doctor will be able to answer all of their questions. Please pray that if surgery is necessary they will get all of the details worked out quickly. Please pray for Cara and her husband as they are facing some big decisions in the days ahead. Please pray for their oldest little boy as well.


Lauren wanted to make sure Luke knew she was praying. Except when it came time to take the pictures, she decided to act totally uninterested. What a girl, right?!?!

4 comments :

  1. I am praying... I'm so glad you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one of the most thoughtful persons I know. I'm so glad you posted this! I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear this - I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jen...everyone that is praying. We can feel them and are so grateful for each and every prayer. We know that Luke is in God's hands and he has a plan for little Luke. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    P.S. Isn't Lauren just the cutest little friend!?! I can't wait to show those pictures to Luke when he is older!!!

    ReplyDelete