Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Project Life: Week 1 & 2

So...I've had the Project Life kit for over a year. It's been in a box under my bed and the thought of opening it just about gave me hives. Last year (or at least the beginning half of it) was hard and scrapbooking was something I knew I couldn't handle.

But, this year? Oh this year! This is the year of CELEBRATING EVERY DAY, EVERY THING! And what better way to do that than to stop and pay attention to the things that need celebrating! I've found myself photographing things I might not ordinarily take the time to capture. I've listened more carefully to the conversation in our home. I've found that creative spark I'd been missing!

I'm going to attempt to take this Project Life journey through the entire year. I'd like to do a spread a week. It's a lofty goal....especially since the amount of scrapbooking I've done in the past four years has been nada, but I really feel like this is something that honors my phrase for 2013. I also feel like it is something that honors my family. It honors the ebb and flow of our life together and I'm excited to document it!!!

My week one layout is nothing fancy, but I think I caught several things that would have otherwise gone under the radar. :)




Week Two is even more simple...but it was during creating this week's layout that I realized how many more photos I need to be taking and printing!





Things I've learned so far:

1. I tried to have my pics printed at Walmart, but they were awful. I'm pretty much using my iPhone exclusively. It's so much easier than lugging around my big camera. However, when I sent my pics to Walmart (especially my instagram ones) they were just ridiculously bad. Thanks to my friend, and Project Life all star, Leslie, I sent them off to Shutterfly and was extremely pleased!

2. I didn't have enough pics printed off. My first couple of weeks are picture deficient. I need to be more thoughtful about the ones I take and the ones I send to get printed.

3. I'm going to have to keep a simple PL notebook where I can keep up with the happenings of each week. It takes at least a week to get my pics back after sending them to be printed and in that amount of time I must lose all memory! I noticed as I was trying to put together the first two weeks that I couldn't remember all the details. I'm going to use a notebook to help me remember the things I want to include on each week's layout!

All in all, I'm really loving Project Life so far. It is easy enough for me and I don't have to get a ton of stuff out to create a page!!!

2 comments :