Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Back to Reality

The past couple of weeks have been an absolute whirlwind of fun and food and sleeping in and staying up way too late and just plain ignoring reality!

We've been traveling a bunch and with that has come some of the sweetest moments of loving on our families and laughing until our stomaches hurt. It has also spoiled me completely silly in that we've had doting grandparents willing to wake up with our two little munchkins and let this mama sleep in! Wah Hoo! I've reverted to my old college ways of staying up way past my bedtime and then sleeping way past breakfast! It was glorious while it lasted but now its time to get back on the saddle!

So this morning I was up bright and early. I know that if I don't get up before my kiddos and spend time with God that I have absolutely little to nothing to give them. Sadly, too many times I hit that snooze button thinking I will just deal with whatever comes when I wake back up. Not this morning! I was up at 5:30 thanks to the graciousness of the Lord. I prayed last night over and over that he would prepare my feet to get out of bed and my mind to be open to hear him in the cold darkness of the early morning. And by his amazing love for me, he woke me before my alarm! I had to smile when I woke up and realized it was just a few minutes shy of my 5:30 alarm. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that he woke me. What a great start to the day!!!

Since I've been away from home and my routine for so long I haven't had a chance to sit down like I'd like and plan out my goals for the new year. But, I've sure been thinking a lot about them. I'm excited to get them written down and posted here soon! Oh and I can't wait to share my one little word for the year with you. Although it is more of a phrase....I think it will still work! Also, I'm hoping to have time during the kids nap today to post some pictures from our time with my sweet in-laws!

It sure was great to get away for a while, but it is so nice to be home!

No comments :

Post a Comment