Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Six Months, Easton!

Dear Easton,

Six months. SIX. MONTHS.

Son, you are half a year old. I can't believe it! I can't believe how much I love you. You are the cutest little man I have ever seen and I could just kiss those sweet chubby cheeks a million times every day and not get enough of you!

I think you are starting to look so much older. I can sort of see what you might look like in a couple of years now and it makes me sad to think of you growing so fast. You look so handsome in little button up shirts just like your daddy.


You are such a big boy! We went for your six month check up and you weigh about 18 pounds and are 27 inches long! You are in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. My arms are really getting a work out from lugging you around! I love that cuddle time with you though. :)

You are still nursing every three hours during the day, but we have also started solids with you! Right now you eat carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, apples, bananas, and some mixed fruit and cereals. You are funny about your solids though. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Period. You will close your mouth or turn your head. If you do like it, you will grunt and stick your head out toward the spoon to try to get it. Lauren loves to help feed you. Mostly though she distracts you...you can't help how much you love her and she just cracks you up too much for you to focus on eating!

Sleeping has been quite the adventure lately son. Your daddy and I decided that it was time for you to start sleeping more than three hour stretches at night so for the past two weeks we have been really working on getting a better routine going. At night, you get your bath (which you absolutely LOVE) and then its lotion and pjs time. After that I will nurse you and then lay you down to sleep when you are groggy. It seems to be helping you get in the sleep mode. When you wake in the middle of the night one of us will go in and give your binky to you and then leave. You usually get right back to sleep on your own but sometimes you have to cry a little while. You have been going eight hour stretches now at night without feeding. Now if we can just get you to go that long without multiple wake ups! You can do it!!!

You are fascinated with all of the baby toys that we brought down from the attic. You LOVE the little play house that was your sister's when she was little. You are doing great at rolling over and sitting up on your own. You haven't started crawling yet, but we don't think it will be long. You kind of scoot on your belly now and you are figuring out how to get up on your hands and knees.

You are such a happy little man. You crack up when I say, "ma-ma or da-da" to you. I don't know why it tickles you so much but I love it so I say it a lot. :) You also absolutely adore your big sister. She is so sweet to play with you and she shares her toys so well with you. I love watching the two of you "play" together now.

We have a lot of little nicknames for you. Brother. Bubby. Bubs. Chunky Monkey. Little man. Handsome. Big E. Easy E.

I love you son. I can't even begin to explain how very much. You bring such joy and laughter and light into our home. You keep us busy and exhausted (in a good way). You are teaching me more and more every day about being a mommy and dying to self. I love the way you fit so perfectly into our family. I love how your sister looks out for you and cares deeply about you. I love the way you love her. I love when you fall asleep in my arms and you cuddle right into the crook of my neck. You are a blessing. You are a gift. I am so glad I get to be your mama.

I love you to the moon and back fourteen million times.

Love,
Mommy

No comments :

Post a Comment