Thursday, January 29, 2009

a gift

So, I had the nicest thing happen to me yesterday. A very dear friend of mine brought me a gift. She did it discreetly and without fanfare. In fact, I never even saw her sweet face or got to give her a big hug. It was just there in my mailbox with no strings attached, no reason. Aren't those the best kind anyway? I mean the ones where there is really no reason for the gift other than because the giver wanted to give it? Thank you, friend, for reminding me of the beauty of giving.

The gift was the book, Smart Organizing. Smart!!!!Organizing!!!! Truly, this is a book after my own heart. First off, the cover is beautiful and very inspiring. I've just begun reading through it, but already I've gotten several easy and manageable ideas for creating a more organized and harmonious home. I plan on sharing some of these ideas and how they are working for me as I work my way through the book.

The first thing I thought I would share is the idea of putting everything back where you got it as soon as you are done using it. Duh, I know, but there are many times when I don't do this and then wonder how my house got so messy. Hopefully, if I commit to doing this, I won't be so frustrated at the end of the day. Maybe I am the only one, but it always seems when I really work to clean the house during the day, by that night it looks like a disaster again. Apparently, it is because I haven't been putting things back up. Like I said, duh! Sometimes it takes me a while to figure the small stuff out.

No comments :

Post a Comment