Thursday, January 15, 2009

2nd Verse

For my second memory verse I chose:

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD."
Psalm 139: 1-4 (NIV)

Lately I have been struggling with the feeling that I am invisible. With our world in such a fragile, crazy state it is hard to believe that God cares about my tedious days and honestly, my insignificant troubles. I wonder how in the world does he not get annoyed with my petty requests and tired of my same 'ole strongholds? Maybe you've felt this way too?

My plan is to speak this scripture over and over until I feel it really resonate in my heart. This is a scripture that I NEED at this point in my life.

I hope those of you who are taking this challenge have found verses that are meaningful to you. Doesn't this make you feel so empowered in the Holy Spirit? It brings new meaning to wielding the sword, doesn't it! Check out Beth's blog here and click on comments if you'd like a whole lot of scriptures to read over yourself today! And, post your verse if you haven't already!!!

I am cheering for you! Let's do this!

No comments :

Post a Comment