Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Easy Father's Day Gift - 2012

I don't know why but Father's Day always seems to sneak up on me. This year, we had a particularly busy week leading up to the big day so when I thought of this idea (I'd seen it on Pinterest) early in the week I knew we had to go ahead and get it done!

We started with a white 8x10 canvas I had in our craft supply and a bunch of odds and ends stickers. I wanted a Bible verse for this gift since we were making it for Shawn to hang in his office. I loved the message of Proverbs 20:8 and so I got to sticking on stickers. I made sure to stick them down as tightly as I could. (The color of the stickers won't matter since you'll be painting over them anyway.)



After I got the stickers all on, I let the kiddos loose with the paint! I chose manly colors of blue, green, and yellow but I think any combination would be pretty! Easton might have sneaked in a few tastes of the paint while he was working. I made sure Lauren knew to paint lightly over the stickers because I didn't want any to accidentally fall off.


Both of the kids had a great time painting over the letters. It was messy, yes, but so worth it!



I made sure to let the canvas dry completely before attempting to remove the letter stickers.


I peeled letters off while I watched the kids playing on the deck. I was so excited to see the finished product!



The paint bled through in some areas, but I think it gave it an even cooler look! :) The best news was that Shawn absolutely loved it. He proudly hung it in his office!!! 

2 comments :