Monday, June 18, 2012

It's A New Year....Wait - it's June?!

Remember back in January when I was full of resolutions and excitement and passion for the new year? I created a book list for 2012 that I was so motivated to push through. Well, needless to say I've not even finished a fraction of the list. It's been an interesting first half of 2012 for me. Lots of personal struggles that have kept me from reading (and blogging).

I've stepped away from a few things just recently so I am hoping to get a better grip on some personal goals I've had.

I'm hoping to read more. And these are just a few of the titles I have on my list....


And blog more. This place used to be my sacred space. Yes, some people read it, but I felt safe here. Seems like this blog has gone through an identity crisis in the past 6 months. So many times I opened it up but just could not write. It's time to get back to why I started blogging here in the first place. For my kids. Our memories. The thoughts their mama had. Documenting our lives together.

So I guess today sort of feels like a New Year to me.

1 comment :

  1. I can really relate to this post! I was having some quiet time tonight and just thinking about the goals I had set for myself this year.. I feel like I've not been myself (if that makes ANY sense) and I just feel completely lost! I want to start my year over! Maybe July can be a "new year" for everyone who failed to stick to their goals so far..LoL :)

    ReplyDelete