Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Life

Right now is a bit of a crazy time for our family. For the past 7 months Shawn has been studying for his PE test. This is the test all engineers have to take in order to obtain professional status. The studying has been difficult for our family. Shawn's had many long days at work followed by endless evenings of sitting in front of a pile of books. It's been especially hard on him since he hasn't gotten to spend as much time with Lauren as he would have liked. It's also been hard to figure out our family's routine in the evening. Well, this Friday is the big day. We will be leaving for Eldon tomorrow. Lauren and I are going to stay with his parents there while Shawn will travel on to Columbia to spend the night at a hotel. This seemed to be the best arrangement to make sure he gets a good night sleep and doesn't have to drive an hour before the test on Friday morning. The test is 8 hours long. Please be thinking of him on Friday! I am so anxious to have my husband back!!! I know getting this over with will be a huge relief for him. He's been stressed about this for far too long. Crazy engineers!

Also, as if the test isn't enough stress, we have been contemplating making a move. We spoke with our realtor last week. We absolutely love our house, but it is getting a little small with our new addition and it seems to be the time to buy a house. Who knew babies had so many things?!?! Anyway, we are going to give this some serious thought and trust in God to lead us. We'd love to live on the eastern side of town closer to Shawn's work. If we move, this would be my first real move. When I moved in to this house, I was coming from a dorm room so there wasn't much to move. When Shawn and I got married, he moved all his dorm room stuff in and that was it. We've accumulated quite a bit of stuff (junk) over the years and I am not looking forward to the possibility of packing it all up! I'll welcome any thoughts/ideas on this subject should we make the move!

In Lauren news, she is holding her head up really well. She likes to sit in her Bumbo seat and she loves to suck on her fingers. She really doesn't like tummy time and I have to make myself make her have it. Sometimes I make her laugh by sticking her foot in her mouth. I don't know why that cracks her up but it sure does. She is very flexible! She is sleeping about 8 hours solid a night! Yeah!!! Today so far she has had 3 really good naps. That doesn't always happen so I am jumping for joy. I've been able to get caught up on my 30 loads of laundry. Seriously, it was bad.

No comments :

Post a Comment