Monday, October 06, 2008

Apple Pie

I made my very first pie this weekend! It was a lot of fun and Lauren took a nap long enough for me to get it all accomplished at one time! That is a feat in and of itself!

I started with apples from my Meme and Papa's orchard. These are the best apples ever and they worked really well for the apple pie I had planned.










I cut up about 7 cups of these apples and added sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Yummy!!!










I made the crust from scratch and it was surprisingly easy. I also put slabs of butter to the top of this before adding the top crust.









I found these tiny cookie cutters at Hobby Lobby so I used the apple one to add cute little pie crust apples to the top!











I was so excited that it didn't burn or turn out horrible! Shawn even said it was good and he is very picky about his pies! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment