Monday, September 08, 2008

Home

This past weekend my sweet husband packed Lauren and me up and took us "home". It had been over two whole weeks since I'd felt my mom and daddy's arms around me or gotten the famous bear hug from my youngest brother. It had been even longer than that since I'd set foot in my childhood home, smelled the crisp country air, or seen the beauty of our farm. Let me just say, I needed it badly! There is something wonderful about going home. We had the best time. Mom made homemade chicken and dumplings (yum!) and blackberry cobbler. We went to eat catfish at a new little restaurant near town. We cuddled up on the couch and watched movies. We slept late! We also got to go see my Meme and Papa! It is always wonderful to get to spend time with them. Shawn helped pick apples from their orchard and got fresh eggs for us from their chickens. They are seriously the best eggs ever!!! I also got a picture of Lauren, Meme, my mom, and me together. I am so thankful for the time I had at home.

No comments :

Post a Comment