Thursday, July 17, 2008

Anniversary


It is hard to believe that four years have come and gone so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was stepping into my wedding gown and walking down the aisle. I can remember exactly what Shawn looked like when I saw him for the first time that day. I can remember exactly what I felt when he looked at me. I hope that is something I never forget. I hope it is something our daughter feels one day. I know I am biased, but it was a beautiful day!

As I look back over the past four years there were definitely some ups and downs. We had some major mountains to climb, especially that first year. Who knew it would be so difficult for two completely different people to mesh into one?!?!? There were times I really thought we wouldn't make it. We were young and very new at the whole marriage thing! It is so much harder than it looks!!! Thankfully, we never gave up on each other.

I also remember all the places we've been and times we've shared together. We've been hot air ballooning, to the Mayan Riviera, on a cruise with friends, survived a home remodel, made traditions of our own, and now we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our daughter, Lauren. We have learned a lot about each other and the funny thing is that we learn more every day.

Shawn, I love you and I am so thankful that we have been blessed with four full years of marriage. You know me better than anyone and the fact that you still love me is amazing. I find safety in your arms and world. I am so looking forward to our future! We are blessed!

Isn't the picture great...I really think it shows our depth of love for each other! Ha :)

No comments :

Post a Comment