Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Verse #4

Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

What a verse to memorize, huh!? Much easier quoted than lived out. But, as I prepare for our little guy and I soak up time with my lovely daughter I want nothing more that God's will for me. If it is to be joyful, then I am going to have to practice choosing joy. If it is to pray continually, well I have a lot of work to do in that area. If it is to give thanks in ALL circumstances, then I am going to have to keep on giving thanks even when I don't feel like it. I am going to have to choose to be thankful, even when things look bleak or ugly. If I have learned anything over the few short weeks I've been participating in this memorizing God's word, it is that his word is powerful. It is not weak. It has power over all my circumstances and can give a mighty blow to the enemy who so often tries to break me.

2 comments :

  1. I LOVE this verse! It's one of my favorites. It ALWAYS challenges me and probably will for the rest of my life. Praying that you will be able to live this verse out and it will ring true in your life over the next days and weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY needed to hear this verse today! I've had such a rough couple weeks.. I am still clinging on to God and I have to remember these things. Such a great verse!

    ReplyDelete