Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Snow Day

Today, like most of the country, we experienced a crazy snowstorm! Shawn surprised us and took a vacation day so that he could stay home and hang out with his girls. I can't tell you how happy that made me! The thought of him getting out and driving in the storm made me really nervous so knowing he was safe and sound was very good! We spent the day working on several things that we've been wanting to get done but we also took a lot of time to just chill. Shawn and I even got to watch a movie while Lauren napped this afternoon. It was bliss!!!

Shawn decided to go out and re-fill our bird feeder for all the poor little birdies out there and Lauren thought she needed to go out too. At first, we tried to dissuade her, but she was adamant so we bundled her up and Shawn took her out while I stayed back and snapped pictures.


I was really nervous that once we got her all bundled up and she got out into the snow she would freak out and want to come back inside, but instead she.loved.it!!!!


So much...


that she didn't want to come inside at all. She made Shawn walk all over our back yard. I loved watching them hold hands and explore the beauty of the storm. 



When I saw this face, I was so glad that we gave in and got her out there. She was precious!





 When my two little snowbunnies came back inside I had quite the mess to clean up, but it was so worth it. Definitely a snowstorm memory I won't soon forget!

No comments :

Post a Comment