Thursday, February 03, 2011

Verse #3

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: he gathers his lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those who have young." Isaiah 40:11


My verse this time came from a bible study lesson in BSF. I had honestly never heard the words before and when I read them (especially the last part) my throat started to burn and my nose itched (sure sign I was about to cry). 

Something about the season I am in and the season I am about to enter leaves me tender for God's guiding and his sweet love. To know that He cares enough about me that He would specifically point out in His word that He knows about me, she who has young. What a God that He would be so personal to acknowledge that parenting is hard work, and to point out that we need Him. What a God that would lead me gently as I stumble and grasp and fall and fail and get back up. Thank you, Lord, that you lead me as I mother my daughter and soon my son. It would be impossible without You.

No comments :

Post a Comment