Tuesday, February 15, 2011

32 Weeks, What?!

I AM 32 WEEKS PREGNANT!!!! 

It is seriously so hard for me to believe that in eight (very) short weeks I will hold my baby boy in my arms. I honestly cannot say that I am ready for that huge life change, but I know God is preparing my heart!!!


I think I am carrying Easton lower than I did Lauren. I didn't do a good job taking weekly pictures while pregnant with her so I can't compare exactly, but I still feel like I look different this time around.


How Far Along: 32Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 16 pounds. 
Maternity Clothes: Yes, but honestly, I am at that point when I would really like to be able to wear a pair of pants that button and zip!
Gender: A little boy. Easton Shawn.
Movement: He seems to move the most when I lie down at night or if I am holding Lauren on my lap. She has felt him kick her in the back. She thinks it is hilarious!
Sleep: I am having a much harder time falling asleep. I toss and turn forever before getting comfortable. But, once I fall asleep I am good. Shawn has been kicking me the last week or so because I've started snoring! How embarrassing!!! At first I thought maybe it was just a little light snore, but when I asked him he said it was really loud and it is obviously waking him up.
What I miss: Wearing regular clothing and Coke.
Cravings: Chocolate!!! I seriously crave chocolate every day. Shawn thinks this is a chocolate pregnancy because I literally cannot go a day without some sort of chocolate or sweet treat. 
 Symptoms: Heartburn!!! I carry a box of Tums around everywhere I go because I never know when it is going to flair up! Braxton Hicks contractions. Having a harder time bending over or getting out of bed. 
Best Moment this week: Spending Valentine's Day with my loves. 

I did ask my doctor about my belly button this week. It is REALLY sticking out. Like way worse than it did with Lauren at even the last days of pregnancy. He said it definitely looked and felt like a hernia. Ick! They are making me an appointment with a general surgeon soon to discuss the plan. It is looking like I will have to have outpatient surgery about 6 weeks after Easton is born to get it taken care of. The only reason I would have to have it before is if it developed into something worse. My ob explained it to me, but I have a weak stomach so I can't remember all he said, but something to do with if the intestine sticks out and gets stuck (?!?!) they will have to do an emergency surgery with me still pregnant. Praying that won't happen!!!

Other than that, everything looked great and Easton and I are progressing well. Can't believe we only have 8 weeks left. 8 weeks is nothing!!!! So super excited and nervous. I have big plans to get his nursery finished and pictures up this next week. I've received a bunch of sweet boy clothes from friends that I need to get washed and put in his closet and drawers!!! Kelly and Desire' both let me borrow clothes from their sweet boys that are practically brand new. I need to get them labeled so that I can get them back to the rightful owners after Easton uses them. So thankful for you girls!!!

3 comments :

  1. Reading that you blanked out as the DR told you about the process cracks me up. That's the Jen I know and love! ;) I also carried Tums with me... they're a life saver. Love hearing your weekly updates on pregnancy. What a great way to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty in that color! Can't believe your only eight weeks away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Not much longer AT ALL!! You look so great!

    ReplyDelete