Monday, May 14, 2012

A Wonderful Case of the Stripes!

I've had a dream for our entryway for a while now. But, it took a lot of persuading (and quite a few pictures on Pinterest) to get Shawn on board! :) I wanted....

Here are the before pictures. We used Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige for the base. I absolutely LOVE this color and plan on using it through most of the downstairs. I'm a big neutral wall with pops of accent color kinda girl. ;)




We taped it off. Well, actually Shawn did the measuring and taping for the most part. I helped a little. :) One of the best tips we used was to actually get out our original base color and paint over the tape a bit to sort of seal the tape down and also not allow any of the lighter color to bleed through. It worked perfectly...not a single area needed touch up!!!! (You can see the right side was where I had already painted over the tape and the right side hadn't been done yet.


We went with a 12" wide stripe and I LOVE it!!!! The lighter color is Sherwin Williams Aesthetic White.




We are only doing the entry with the stripes to make it more of an accent wall. I already have plans for the wall by the coat closet. I see lots of frames and fun pieces that hold great memories for us there.



Still see the awful wallpaper in the dining room? And the tiny peek of bright gag-me yellow from our kitchen?!?! I am seriously itching to get my hands all over those rooms. But, I've got to be patient!!!! :)

The entry now feels SO like us and it literally makes me smile every single time I walk by it. So glad Shawn trusted me! And, I'm super thankful he is so particular...the stripes are perfectly spaced and painted. Couldn't have done it without my man!!!

2 comments :

  1. What color was used on the doors and trim, it gives a good contrast to the white on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!

    I am looking to do this to a bedroom SO HAPPY to finally see someone to put the names of the paint! Question.. why did you decide to paint the base the darker color versus the lighter?? Thank you again for posting, it's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete