Saturday, December 04, 2010

Update

First of all thank you for the prayers for Curt and his family. It was a very rough night last night and it was determined that Curt would not be able to live without life support. Curt wanted to be an organ donor and so most of the night was spent finding matches. Because his injuries were mostly to his head, he was the perfect candidate for organ donation. Victoria told me this morning that 8 lives would be changed because of her dad. What a legacy to leave. Curt passed away on his own this morning at 10:38.

Please continue to pray for Victoria. She is like a sister to me and my heart is completely broken for her and this devastating loss she is experiencing. Pray for my brother as he is stepping up to be the strong shoulder and safe place she needs. Pray for her entire family as they prepare for funeral arrangements and walking through life without Curt. I cannot begin to imagine what she is going through, but I am reminded over and over again that God does. John 11:35-36 tells me that, "Jesus wept. The people who were standing nearby said, See how much he loved him! " I am reminded that we serve a God who is personal to us and knows our deepest most intimate feelings and thoughts, who feels deeply for us, and who will mourn with us because he loves us. He loves us.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us 
~How He Loves Us~

1 comment :

  1. I'm so sorry, Jen! Continuing to pray for this family.

    ReplyDelete